Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Sliced Apples
Are you needing a quick and easy dinner recipe that is no-fail and stress-free? If so, this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin needs to be on your dinner menu this week. You’ll love the ease of cooking everything in one pot and having the Instant Pot take over and do all the work for you!
Cooking a Pork Tenderloin
Do you ever have a cut of meat that you’re just unsure of what to do with? But now that I have this tenderloin recipe in my back pocket, it’s one less cut of pork that I have to worry about figuring out how to cook.
One of the best parts of this delicious recipe is that it has a ton of great flavor, too. You can easily pair this up with some delicious Instant Pot Potato Salad or even some french fries to add in a fun twist.
Other Meats To Cook In Your Instant Pot
If you’re excited about this recipe, make certain to try some of our other popular recipes with meat cooked in the Instant Pot:
Does the pressure cooker make your tenderloin more tender?
This is just one of the many reasons that people love cooking with the Instant Pot. If you’re using a cheaper cut of meat or one that is less tender, the pressurizing of the Instant Pot can have an overall effect on the meat that will make it more tender and juicy.
What is more tender – pork loin or pork tenderloin?
The pork tenderloin is going to be the winner when it comes to tenderness. It’s a good cut of meat that tends to be very lean. Keep in mind that you don’t want to overcook this though or you’re going to dry it out very quickly.
Can you overcook your tenderloin in a pressure cooker?
Absolutely. You need to make certain to follow the directions carefully of you’ll end up with meat that is tough, dry, and not all that pleasant to eat. Make certain that you pay attention to the weight of the meat and use that to adjust your cooking times in your Instant Pot.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 3lb pork tenderloin
1 Tablespoon chipotle pepper
2 teaspoons cumin
Salt, to taste
2 apples, sliced thinly
2 onions, chopped into large segments and separated
1/2 cup broth or water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3lb pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 2 apples, sliced thinly
- 2 onions, chopped into large segments and separated
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- Place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the Instant Pot and set to saute.
- Pat dry your pork tenderloin, season with salt, chipotle pepper and cumin.
- When the oil is hot, place the pork tenderloin in the Instant Pot and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes each before flipping.
- Once the pork tenderloin is browned all over, remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add the onions and one of the sliced apples to the Instant Pot. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully place shallow cuts into the pork tenderloin ever 1/4" to 1/2". Insert an apple slice into each cut.
- Once the apple-onion medley is done cooking, turn off the instant pot and place the pork overtop.
- Add 1/2 cup of water or broth.
- Secure the lid and cook on meat setting for 30 minutes.
- Natural release.
Tried this recipe and loved it? Don’t forget to rate the recipe five stars!